3.10.2011

Help!

Bloggin' friends, I need your help. My school has a Spring Show every year and I have never entered it before, but this year I want to give it a go! I can submit 3 images into each category: commercial, fine art and documentary. Fine art doesn't really apply to my work, but I had commercial-type and documentary work for different classes this year so I'm going to submit to both of those categories.

For the commercial category I'm drawing from the images I made last semester that will eventually become my thesis project. It's called "The Last Kids Outside" and it's meant to inspire kids and their parents to spend less time in front of the tv or computer and more time outdoors. Here are the contenders!

1.


2.

3.

4.

5.

6.


I numbered them to make it easy for you to tell me your favorites, so please do! It's always helpful to me to know which images people like most, and even why you don't like a certain image, so feel free to speak your mind. Brent absolutely hates picking favorites, so you're all I've got!

I'll post the documentary set later so it doesn't get confusing. Can't wait to hear what you think!

ps - one week 'till match day!!!!

14 comments:

  1. 4 is my absolute favorite. i really want to go swing now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so hard to pick, courtney. i think i like either number 1 or 4 best. 1 is such a cool shot although in 4 she looks like she's almost yelling that she doesn't want to come inside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you are so talented! I love 3 especially and 6! I hope life is good for you! I often wonder how you are doing xxxx Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  4. My vote is a toss up between 4 and 6...I love the swing and Lauren's expression...but the colors in 6 are exquisite.

    Found you blog via your post on facebook...you are one mighty fine writer. Keep on posting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love #1 the best. The lighting and composition are great. I also love the look in the little boys eyes. - Anna

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love 3, 4, and 6 (well all of them really... )Good luck with your images, you'll do awesome! So excited to hear from you on match day or whenever you have a chance to disseminate the good Mcnews! Yay.

    ReplyDelete
  7. #5. They're all good, but #5 caught my attention. The anonymity is good as well as the obvious spirit of adventure. Lots of different lines running everywhere, and the hand placement seems natural. LIke their environment. Really awesome. . . . . . But what do i know? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. however i am a bit distracted by the yellowish leaf on the left side, but that's not a hard fix.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love 1&5 because you feel like you are going on an adventure with the children. 6 appeals for tons of cool color contrast between the red, blue & green. All of the shots are pretty awesome, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1,4,and 6! Love them! You are so talented I need to book you for some max shots next time you're in town! Oh and match day sounds like it woul kill me! I can't stand not knowing like that! Excited o hear what happens and fingers crossed you'll end up somewhere close!

    ReplyDelete
  11. 1&6 are my favs!! Anytime you need a photo subject Aiden would do so very willingly!!! Awesome photos!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I vote 1, 3, and 5. and obviously only my vote counts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My faves are 1, 4, and 6!! I like 1 the very best.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love 6...but most likely because I LOVE the owner of those little feet.

    ReplyDelete