5.26.2009

Surprise!








A few weeks ago Brent happened to have Friday off school and we decided like two days ahead of time to fly out to CA for the weekend (well, more like for 1.5 days) and surprise everyone. Alex was home with his girlfriend and bestfriend and Lauren had a play performance, we drove down to Carmel for a few hours...it was a great weekend to drop in.

However, we forgot to consider the fact that Maddie likes plenty of time to plan things in advance and doesn't like to be confronted with situations that she didn't anticipate.



Unfortunately I didn't have the camera ready when they came home from dance and Maddie wouldn't even come inside the house because we were there, I had to chase her through the backyard! She then told me that I really scared her because she thought I was a ghost...at least the surprise worked! I think we should definitely do it again, we had a blast.

5 comments:

  1. Fun trip. I love that you recorded your sis running from you, that's pretty funny. I'm looking forward to the McNews...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my. i am laughing so hard right now! "you came at the most like, stupid time!" love it. i remember you telling me something she said about "um, court, i have to go b/c we're having some spiritual something right now." your family is hysterical. i miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is the funniest video ever! Yay for surprise trips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. um hi, thanks for letting me know that you started posting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha yes, we did have the same post! what a coin-ki-dink!

    ReplyDelete