1.29.2010

Christmastime!

We spent Christmas Day in Idaho Falls this year, and it was my very first Christmas without my family. I wasn't sure how I would feel missing Christmas at home, but the McNaughts have a lot of their own...unique...traditions (oranges and peanuts in stockings??) which made it fun. I think the kids in their family must be a lot smarter than we were because they make a big deal about using all the same wrapping paper from Santa, and all the Santa gifts have to be in the same place, and have to come out at the right time...etc, etc...I don't think I ever would have noticed!! haha. Let's be honest, I just wanted presents.

Anyway, we had a grand old time making candy sleighs and racing them for prizes, making Christmas treats, watching old slides, and playing with our adorable and entertaining niece and nephews...but I hope that we'll be somewhere a bit warmer next year. No offense Idaho (but seriously, it was frreeeezzzinnnggg).

















Brent's sister Anna and her little man Vincent:

















































Grandma Jean:














I got recruited to take the family picture, which I was a little worried about....


























But it actually turned out pretty well...






























3 comments:

  1. good work on the family pictures! they look great!

    And seriously, you've never heard of oranges and peanuts in stockings??? that's classic! I feel neglected if I don't get an orange.

    And his grandma looks like Bobbi will in 20 years. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are so great!!! I need to hire you to do our next family pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1st. oranges and peanuts is not unique. We've done that since the beginning of time, and by 'we', i mean humans.

    2nd. i like the lighting in the photo with brents grandma. really good.

    3rd. i agree with you in the idaho is too cold. good thing global warming is upon us.

    ReplyDelete