2.12.2010

ph613: Color and Light...

Color and Light is one of my new classes this semester (and yes, my semester just started last week!). My first assignment was to show how I typically use color in my work...uhhh, typically? I don't feel like I have any kind of "style" yet, so this assignment was tough for me. I decided to just take some pictures that were a little different than what I normally do and see what happened.
My trusty model/reflector holder/kid entertainer Brent came with me and we walked about a block down the street from our house to this little creek that runs under an overpass. As you can see there is tons of "interesting" graffiti down there and it was almost sunset so there was just a little bit of light passing under the bridge. I dared Brent to jump across the creek which I didn't think he would/could actually do, it was probably 7 or 8 feet across, but he cleared it...barely, and I took pictures. Here's the one I turned in:
























And here's one that really shows off the amazing work of the Winston-Salem graffiti artists:























And here is Brent's cool new shirt (thanks Mom):
























Also, it was like 25 degrees outside when we took these and Brent was a good sport to take his jacket off for me (ok, he did whine a lot, but he still did it).

Now onto this week's assignment. Maybe I'll post about it if they turn out!

3 comments:

  1. These are awesome! I love the first one.

    And I love you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. psyched about the first one. The second one, i wish brent was a little closer so i could see him, but i still like. third one, i get, but i'd like to see it tied in some how. The most important thing is that you want to tell a story. Tell a story. I re-emphasized it because of its importance. :) I love you guys.

    ReplyDelete