12.16.2009

History of Photography - Final

So I've been a little busy lately doing stuff like this:













That was my final project for History of Photography, the interesting part anyways...I'm guessing nobody wants to read my 6 page paper about the artistic context of Edward Weston, who I "emulated", his photographic philosophies, and the similarities and differences between our work. I know 6 pages may not sound like a lot to people like Hannah, but writing is kind of a painful experience for me (I can already hear Brent going "kind of???" haha). Seriously, I almost started crying when he told me I had to rearrange the whole thing and write a new conclusion. But I did it. And it's done. And I got an A.


Also, doesn't the pepper kind of look like it has a bottom? And that ginger root made the BEST cookies....mmmmmmm....

3 comments:

  1. You got an A????? that's awesome!!!!! Nice work!!!

    I love the ginger shot! (And the cookies they made...yum). I want a copy of the ginger picture. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SIX PAGES?!???! THAT IS SO MUCH!!!!

    :)

    Hey, we learned all about Weston in my class. Someone wrote a book report on him, methinks. So I can appreciate it. Have you learned about Tina Modotti? Now there's an interesting lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmmm, i like that you can see the texture on the background of the pepper (and the pepepr itself). I would like to have seen equal lighting on the rest of them. My only other qualm is that line that runs through the photos. maybe you wanted it. if that's the case, then fine, but if it were me, i would have used a black paper with the same texture and let it curve there so there was no lines. GOOD JOB!!!!!!!! can't wait to see you guys.

    sorry if you weren't looking for a critique, but whenever i post photos, i wish for that, but nobody ever does.

    ReplyDelete