3.01.2010

Maddie's Twelfth, and my BIG debut...

Over the years it has become a tradition for me to fly home for Maddie's birthday, and there was no way I was going to miss it this year because she turned 12!! I know, I can't believe it either. We always have some kind of crazy party for her and this year it was a real LIVE concert! Seriously. Here's the invite (that I made):


And now for the best part! My brother Chase is in "Carbon Charisma" the band (he says it's not a "band"...you can be the judge) on the invite poster, and they played for like an hour at Maddie's party. I told him when we asked him to play that he would have to do at least a couple of "girly" songs, and he reluctantly complied. Then about a week later I got an email from him asking me if I would sing the girly songs so he wouldn't have to! ha. Of course I said yes, and got to work memorizing lyrics, though as you will see, it wasn't really necessary...



Don't I make a great Miley!!?? haha. I'm not a huge fan, but you have to admit that song is awesome (and it was stuck in my head pretty much the entire month of January). Ok, next up: Taylor!! So the guitarist is totally awesome, and I think the acoustic versions of these songs might even be better than the originals (seriously) but somehow we started this song waaaay lower than when we practiced it that morning...you can tell when I'm reaching for those low notes! ha. Still fun though, and the kids pretty much sang the whole thing for me, so no worries...



Maddie is the crazy one with the short hair, in case you were wondering. Climbing up on top of everyone and grabbing the mike for her own solo! Needless to say the party was awesome and a fantastic time was had by all. Thanks Madeleine Pickett for the awesome flip camera skills (and the singing! I totally heard you ;)  I already can't wait till next year...

5 comments:

  1. loved it. as i was singing along (yes, full out) i realized that the low notes you were talking about are the only ones i can hit comfortably. ha we could've done a beautiful duet with alternating solos. but really, you sounded great and i'd love to hear you sing it out on american idol. what a fun party! is your band busy on my birthday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, glad you were singing along! it was so much fun, and the band played a lot of other great songs too. I'll see if we can get something together for your b-day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. you do make an excellent miley. come out here for the summer already! Probably should have cooled off on dancing along to your rendition of taylor to get some sort of stable picture ah ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought bingo and pizza was fun last year. But this year... a full on rock concert with a human pyramid and kids bowing down to worship the band! Rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha amazing, so much fun Court, I think you could have a hit on the charts!! ;)

    ReplyDelete