7.16.2011

I'm baaaack...

Yes, we did make it to Seattle! And in one piece, and with all of our stuff in more or less one piece (minus one really cute black and white-striped Crate&Barrel bowl! sad). We have been incredibly busy the past few months, hence the lack of posting, so I'll try to catch everyone up in case you don't know where we've been or what we've been doing - I can hardly keep track myself!

During the first week of May we went on a fabulous beach vacation with these folks.


If you are ever on the east coast during the summer and happen to be in the vicinity of Bald Head Island, please do yourself a favor and go! It is such a beautiful place. The inside of the island is foresty and quiet and full of little paths to bike on (no cars allowed on the island!), and the beaches are spotless and almost empty (while we were there). The water is warm and clear...what else is there?? Evidence:

Our cute place - and Teri working too hard!
complete with golf cart...

and beach cruisers!







Old Baldy

We tried walking out to the sand bar "island" we could see from shore, and it was pretty shallow most of the way, but we did end up having to swim a bit.




Eventually, Rob and Teri decided we were crazy and headed back for shore, wimps!


made it!






You'll have to click on this one to zoom in and see what they're laughing so hard at...





Please look at Brent



I'm so glad we got to have one last adventure with the Z's! It was perfect and I only wish it could have been longer and involved even more licorice* and double-stuf oreos! Does anyone else love licorice at the beach as much as I do??

Ok, these posts always get away from me, there is so much more to talk about! I'll have to do a few more to get caught up. Stay tuned for graduation and moving fun...

* Meaning RED licorice only, Brent will never again be allowed to defile a beach house with that nasty black stuff.

2 comments:

  1. 1. please go through and put my face on the other guys head because i wish i was hanging out with you.

    2. Your * at the bottom leads me to believe that you're a racist.

    Love
    matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Matt, thanks for the comments, they make me feel popular.

    1) that would take too long, maybe you should just come on a trip with us instead? You can bring that boy you kissed if you want.

    2) I have no problem admitting that I'm racist against black licorice...I blame it on my parents.

    love, me

    ReplyDelete