3.07.2010

Complementary Colors

Here's this last week's shot for Color and Light, highlighting the complementary colors red/orange and blue/green.


 And this week's shot which shows analogous colors:


 This is the beginnings of my final project for this class, which I was forced to narrow down a bit this week since I had to turn in a proposal explaining exactly what I want to do. Most of the photos I take from now on in this class will be geared towards my final project so that I'll have lots (hopefully!) to choose from in the end. I'm going for a mysterious feeling, where you're not really sure what's happening in the photos, you never get the whole picture. Another example...


By the way it's still really cold here and I made Brent take of his jacket for an extended period of time while the wind was blowing, and there was minimal whining/complaining. What a trooper.

Now off to start a new project...I'm kind of nervous about this one. Hopefully I'll have something worthy of posting in a couple of days...

2 comments:

  1. courtney, they're looking good. I really like the top one. and i my only complaint is that i would like to see more of whatever it is in the upper corner in the second one, and i'd like if the bottom one was panned over a bit so i could see the foot. NICE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Courtney! Im so glad you commented so now I can see your blog! Your pictures are amazing. absolutely beautiful! I wish I had talent in the photography field. Heck I wish I just had talent...when are you guys coming to visit next?

    ReplyDelete