4.14.2010

Spring "Break"

It's weird having a spring break when your significant other does not. Not that I'm complaining, it's just like, what do I do? Get ahead in school? Lay out in the park across the street? Work and make some money? All of the above?? The answer is D, all of the above...and wish that Brent could have like 2 minutes of spare time to hang out with me! Actually, as of this week he is now on an "easier" rotation...still has to be in at 6am, but has gotten out around 4 the past 2 days, as opposed to 6:30 for the past month or so.

Aaaanyway, Brent's parents and little brother came down here for their spring break, and Brent unfortunately had to work while we toured around NC for a couple of days. He did get Friday off though, which was quite nice. It was Ellen's (Brent's mom) birthday the day after they got here, so we had a little party with some delicious cream cheese pie! I like my cheesecake dense, with a layer of sour cream on the top, and this recipe is perfection. Seriously. I could talk about it all day. But moving on...



Our pie dish got lost at the church after some activity several months ago...hence the square dish...

The next day we went "Antiquing" in High Point and Asheboro, which was exciting, but alas, I have no pictures. We also went to J Crew and PF Changs on our way back through Greensboro, two of my favorite places. The next day we went to Pilot Mountain for a little hike and some great views...



In the parking lot we saw/smelled this car:




The tires are melted!! Crazy.

The next day we went to Stone Mountain, one of our favorite places out here. There is a 4.5 mile loop that is really pretty and takes you up the side of the stone face, and then back down again. I counted the steps up the side this time, but now I can't remember the number! I think it was like 575 though...lots, in other words. But there was a nice breeze at the top, and we took some pictures and enjoyed it







This one didn't really work out, unfortunately.


Brent was super sexy up there though.


And I am reeeeally good at cartwheels.


Brent is just OK at cartwheels, he could use a little practice.


Ok, enough of that silliness.

We had a fantastic time and can't wait till we can get back up to DC to hang out with them some more! Oh, and our other friends who live in DC, we miss them too.

5 comments:

  1. you miss me too? that is sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures at the end make me nervous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how all your pictures look so professional...my wedding pictures don't even look as good as your "look, we took a hike" pictures. When are you moving here for the summer??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking about you today. Thanks for the comment.

    **my thought was**
    Boy, I wonder if Courtney is taking any pictures of this beautiful city with everything in bloom...

    ReplyDelete