4.10.2010

How I almost Died on my Birthday.

Seriously, it was a close call.

The day started out great with an online episode of Dancing with the Stars, I really like the cast this season, except for Kate Gosselin, I can't believe she didn't get kicked off this week. Then I had some ice cream before my BFF Teri came and took me on a lunch run, then out to lunch and frozen yogurt! Mmmmmmm....

Brent was supposed to be on call till 9pm Thursday, but his attending told him he could go home early which was awesome (thanks Dr. Reeves-Daniel...weird name though)! When he got home he tracked my birthday present package and saw that it wasn't delivered, so he called UPS and they told him he could go pick it up at the store. I stayed home because Teri was coming over so we could all drive to dinner together, and right after Brent left a gigantic thunderstorm blew into town! We have great thunderstorms here, especially in the summer, but we have yet to document them properly, so I ran outside with my camera to try and get some of the action on tape. I took a video of the pounding rain, but it wasn't too exciting. Then the thunder and lighting started to get really loud and scary so I went back out and took this video...



Haha, I love how you can see the camera shake when the thunder claps!! It scared me soooo bad. The audio doesn't even do it justice, I think it maxed out my poor little camera speaker! I don't think there was even one second between the lightning and the thunder. Too bad it didn't strike the tree right across the street from my house, that would have made for an even more exciting video.

Anyway, Brent and Teri made it back to our place safely and we went to a delicious restaurant called Downtown Thai for dinner. The food was great and we had a fun time talking about such important topics as breastfeeding, the BYU Jerusalem Center and how gross Tofu is. Brent got me some sweet shades, and Teri got me the beautiful sparkly necklace pictured below, thanks guys!!
 



Then I came home and opened this present from my Dad:


Totally unexpected, and awesome. Makes me wish I had some waves nearby to play in! Check his stuff out, it's amazing.

It was a great day, thanks to all of you who called and/or gave me a shout out on the fb!! Love you all.

4 comments:

  1. I wear my stunna' glasses at night...

    ReplyDelete
  2. um, yeah, Brent, clearly you are deaf because that thunder was CRAZY. I thought I was going to die driving to your house with the lightning. Sheesh.

    thanks for letting me come along to your birthday dinner! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah! your video made me homesick! i miss just watching thunderstorms. it's especially one of our favorite things to do at the beach. so jealous. i love how scary they are - when the lightning light up the entire room and the thunder rattles the windows... glad you survived!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brent - that's just silly.

    Teri - couldn't have had my b-day without you! Glad you narrowly avoided death also ;)

    Caisa - now I really want to see a thunderstorm at the beach! As long as it blows away during the night and is extra sunny the next day.

    ReplyDelete