6.09.2010

Chasing Sting Rays...and Sunglasses.

Carolina Beach part two! Where was I...oh yes, there was also a lot of me trying to get Maizey to go in the water:





Do what I say!





Rob did finally get her in, but only by carrying her! I love how she's holding her bum out of the water in this one...



And there were even some hand stands:





and attempted hand stands...



and sabotaged hand stands! Caught red-handed.



We drove out to Fort Fisher again on our last day (Memorial Day) and it was pretty crowded. But luckily a group of sting rays showed up and scared everyone out of the water! Except me, of course. I had my trusty waterproof camera case and made it my mission to get at least one good picture of them underwater.

The water was super murky so at first they were just turning out like this:



Not too exciting. But finally I got close enough for a good one!







I love sea creatures. As if I need to state the obvious. It was funny that these cownose rays showed up though, because the night before we had watched River Monsters about the biggest (and deadliest??) river fish of all time...a giant sting ray! So when they started getting curious about me and darting by me at top speed within an inch or two of my legs I decided I probably had enough pictures...

And I almost forgot...shortly after taking these pictures (literally 30 minutes before we left to go home) I was out catching some waves and lost ANOTHER pair of sunglasses. I also lost a pair in Australia in the surf, and at Virginia Beach last year the same exact way. This is why my sunglasses come from Target...not quite as sad when you lose a $10 pair. Yet I still searched up and down the beach for them for at least half an hour...why?? I should know from experience that it's hopeless. Brent thinks I should invest in a more expensive pair, and that way I wouldn't risk taking them into dangerous situations...but what's the fun in that?? haha.

So that was our trip. Here are some more randoms, because I know you haven't had enough yet!







hahahahaaa...doesn't she look like she's having fun??







Wish we could do it again this weekend...but Brent and I will be in ATLANTA!! Brent is taking step 2CS (so specific!) of the boards...plus we're going on an adventure while we're there! More about that later...

2 comments:

  1. What?? Brent is already taking Step 2? Wait, what year is he? I have totally lost track of you guys. Step 2 CS? Pshaw. No problem. He'll do fine.

    I love all the pictures! Makes me want to go to the beach sooooo badly! But a warm beach. With warm water. Or at least just not freezing water. And my body needs a little help before I should be running around in a bathing suit again. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, looks like you guys had a blast! Nothing is better than a beach trip. have fun in the ATL and good luck to Brent on Step 2!

    ReplyDelete