2.16.2010

The other assignment...

I was going to put these in the last post, but I forgot! So another class I have is called "Photography Concepts" and it's all about having intention in your work and being conscious of all of the decisions that you're making when you snap the shutter (lighting, angle, settings, subject, timing...). This week we were supposed to make two portraits of someone, the first was to be as "objective" as possible, trying to take our "artistic selves" out of the equation. That's really not possible since every choice you make effects the outcome of the picture...but here was my best shot:

I know that the way I cropped and lit the portrait are subjective choices, but I had to make it interesting somehow!!



















And the subjective shot - this is Maizey, Teri's baby. She is the funniest dog I have ever met, and we went over to play with her last week when Teri had to neglect her aaaaalll day. Can't you just see the love oooozing out of this photo?? Totally subjective.

2 comments:

  1. I've seen those crazy eyes somewhere before......hmmmmm....I just can't think of it. Oh wait, never mind. I saw those on multiple road trips when brent would be in a bad mood. Gosh brent, such a debbie downer. or was that me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha! I'm so glad you pointed out that I neglect my dog. it's true.

    Seriously, she is the cutest and funniest dog ever. I can't handle it. I love this picture. She's honored to be submitted for one of your classes [she just told me].

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete